Rules for Participants
The IEEE Italy Section 2020 Master Thesis Award consists in an honorarium of 1000 Euro and a Certificate.
For the year 2020 two awards will be presented. At least one of the awardees shall be a woman. If no woman is selected, one award will be presented.
Only candidates with the following requisites are eligible for the award:
- be a Member or Student Member of IEEE
- have completed the Master thesis in Engineering in an Italian University, and defended the Thesis in 2019 or 2020 (within May 15)
- the thesis shall be on the following main field of interest: Smart Energy Systems, Smart Grids, Smart Industrial Systems. Focus of this Award are innovative applications which use data obtained from electrical, environmental, and/or process measurements with the purpose of improving efficiency, reliability, safety, security, fault tolerance, or other performance indexes
- thesis will be evaluated according to the following criteria: degree of innovation in the proposed methodology or technology, potential for application in real-world situations, potential effectiveness.
- Name and email address of the candidate
- Certification of IEEE membership with member number
- Title of the Master Thesis
- Name of the Master Thesis Advisor and his/her contact email address
- Name of the University where the Laurea Magistrale has been acquired
- Date of final defense
- Electronic copy in pdf format of the Master Thesis
- Electronic copy in pdf format of a 1-page Summary of the contribution of the Master Thesis
- List of the publications co-authored by the candidate resulting from the thesis, if any
- Curriculum Vitae listing educational background of the candidate
- A presentation letter by the Master Thesis Advisor
All documents must be sent in electronic format applying on the form at:
The thesis will be evaluated by a Board of four Experts in the field: three of them designated by the IEEE Italy Section and one of them designated by ABB. Applicants will be notified of the outcome by July 30, 2020.
The award will be presented during the Award Ceremony to be held at the 6th International Forum on Research and Technologies for Society and Industry ( RTSI 2020, Napoli 9 September 2020 ).UPDATE: Due to the Covid 19 emergency, IEEE RTSI 2020 will be postponed to 2021. The Award Ceremony will be moved to a different event within 2020. Details will be published soon.
All the decisions of the Board are final.
Candidates shall authorize to the treatment of the personal information provided according to the GDPR (Ue 2016/679) and the Italian law on privacy (D. Lgs. 101/2018) .
Winners shall authorize IEEE and ABB to communicate the award winning through communication media (web, newsletter, audio-visual, press, …) and ABB to communicate by email with the candidate for interviews.